A new script that can be used for multivariate analyses in the context of GxE using multiple moderators has been added.
(under continuous data, bivariate, GxE, twins only)
Mar 21, 2006 16:26:07
Nine new scripts have been added to the Scripts Library:
5 scripts that can be used with winbugs:
- ADE analyses with sibling interaction
- ordinal data/threshold specification
- bivariate analyses
1 script that shows how to model an effect of age on the threshold in ordinal raw data:
3 scripts that are not in the context of genetic analysis, but that show how to perform discrete latent markov models in Mx, using an autoregressive model and an independent response model:
Nov 16, 2004 16:40:27
Two new scripts have been added to the Scripts Library that can be used for the analysis of multivariate ordinal data:
- ordsatmt2.mx for estimating polychoric correlations of bivariate ordinal data
- ordvcmt2.mx for variance components analysis of bivariate ordinal data
Access via: Ordinal data - Multivariate
Sep 14, 2004 16:07:24
Several scripts have been updated and several new scripts have been added:
Updated:rawsat2.mx has changed to make the script more generic
raterbias.mx and psychometric.mx have changed (some illogical statements have been deleted)
- simulsimplex.mx, for simulating simplex data (access via simulation/calculation, simplex)
- rawVCmod1.mx, implementing Gene-Environment interaction (GxE) (access via continuous, univariate, variance components and GxE interaction)
- doc1.mx, and doc2.mx , for direction of causation models (access via continuous, bivariate, direction of causation)
- multilink1.mx, , for multivariate linkage analysis (access via continuous, multivariate, variance components)
- multiloc.mx, , for multilocus linkage analysis (access via continuous, univariate, variance components, multilocus linkage)
Mar 1, 2004 18:05:26
A new script has been added: Contrast.mx
This script can be used for evaluating sibling interaction or rater contrast effects and can be accessed through continuous - univariate - variance components sibling interaction / rater contrast.
Feb 24, 2004 16:14:54
New versions of three scripts have been uploaded:
All three can be used for the saturated analyses of raw ordinal data. Please use these newer versions for future analyses.
Feb 20, 2004 22:46:21
Two new scripts have been added that can be used when collected phenotypes have been rated by multiple persons, such as parents or teachers.
ACE model with sex limitation for a trait rated by mother and father of the subject.
ACE model with sex limitation for a trait rated by mother and father of the subject, and using mother and father ratings to disentangle rater bias and rater specific view.
These scripts can be accessed by clicking: continuous data - univariate - variance components and multiple raters.
Jan 9, 2004 11:51:40
- FAQ is updated
- REFERENCES are updated
- There is a new announcement on the
"SEVENTEENTH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON METHODOLOGY OF TWIN AND FAMILY STUDIES:
THE INTRODUCTORY COURSE", MARCH 1-5, 2004, BOULDER, COLORADO
Sep 2, 2003 14:20:11
- Added a script that can be used to test the power to detect A or C when using categorical data: powcat.mx
This script also illustrates the use of #if, #endif and #define $string statements within an Mx script, allowing flexible alteration of models.
- There is a new Tip on how to convert your data from one-individual-per-row to one-family-per-row using the command CASESTOVARS in SPSS version 11.5
Sep 2, 2003 09:11:27
- Added two scripts that can be used to test the underlying ACE factor structure of multivariate continuous data: compath.mx common pathway ACE model indpath.mx independent pathway ACE model
Sep 1, 2003 14:01:53
Added new scripts that can be used for the analysis of longitudinal twin data:
three saturated models:
and one script for a genetic growth model:
Aug 29, 2003 22:15:26
Added new scripts that can be used for the analysis of categorical data, using raw data input file:
- ordSATut2.mx : to calculate tetrachoric MZ and DZ correlations, and to test certain assumptions of the twin model.
- ordSATut4.mx : to calculate tetrachoric MZM, DZM, MZF, DZF correlations, and to test certain assumptions of the twin model.
- ordSATut6.mx : to calculate tetrachoric MZM, DZM, MZF, DZF, DOSMF, DOSFM correlations, and to test certain assumptions of the twin model.
Variance components models:
- ordVCut2c.mx ACE model, no sex differences
- ordVCut2d.mx ADE model, no sex differences
- ordVCut4c.mx ACE model, sex limitation
- ordVCut4d.mx ADE model, sex limitation
- ordVCut6c.mx ACE model, sex limitation + different genes across sexes
- ordVCut6d.mx ADE model, sex limitation + different genes across sexes
Aug 14, 2003 15:22:31
Added new scripts:
- rawVCla3.mx : for simultaneous linkage and association analysis, including tests for population stratification.
Continuous data, mixture distribution approach for linkage.
- rawVCla6.mx : for simultaneous linkage and association analysis when parental genotypes are available, including tests for population stratification.
Continuous data, mixture distribution approach for linkage.
- rawVC8a.mx : for testing whether parameters in ACE models are homogeneous across different countries
Aug 12, 2003 14:36:23
- Added scripts: rawVC3b.mx for continuous data, sex limitation ADE models rawSAT2.mx for continuous data, saturated sex limitation model. Testing assumptions and calculating twin correlations rawVCQ1b.mx for continuous data, VC+linkage, this is a generic script that can be used to run Mx in BATCH modus. This example is in the context of linkage analyses, but BATCH modus can be used for all different sorts of models that you wish to run multiple times.
- A UNIX based little BATCH program to run Mx multiple times, can be downloaded from the tree in: continuous data, univariate, variance components...batch modus
- All scripts have been rewritten into a uniform layout
- FAQ section has been updated
- There is a list of contributors of scripts in the library
- Readme.txt format has been updated (available when downloading all scripts at once)
- There is a new list of references
Aug 11, 2003 22:47:04
Three new scripts have been added:
rawvc7b.mx : for multivariate analysis of continuous data
DFuni1.mx : Univariate DeFries-Fulker model
DFuni2.mx : Univariate DeFries-Fulker model sex limitation model
May 28, 2003 21:31:09
Nine scripts that can be used for the analysis of ordinal data have been added.
Scripts may be used both for saturated models and variance desomposition models (ACE or ADE), using contingency tables and 2 (MZ DZ), 4 (MZM, DZM MZF DZF), or 6 data groups (MZM, DZM MZF DZF DOSMF DOSFM)
May 23, 2003 08:55:54
The following updates have been made
* new version of script rawSAT1.mx:
in group 1, matrix F should be calculated as
F = \stnd(C|H_H|D) ; !off-diagonal is DZ correlation
* new tips have been added to the tips' section
May 11, 2003 09:14:51
Corrections have been made in scripts rawVC1b.mx and rawVC4b.mx:
The B and H matrix were not correctly specified to contain .25 and .5 respectively. Also, in calculating the relative contributions to the total variance, a matrix C was used instead of D.
For suggestions, comments, or questions please contact